Monday, April 20, 2009

Hands off!!!!

I have searched the depths of my inner most being.
I have found things there that shouldn't belong.
Things that have been stored and rotting away
as time moves in all its patient glory.
I have ransacked the memories in my mind and
relived my past. Things that caused me pain and
destroyed bits and pieces of me at a time. Things
that cause me to drown myself in a pool of tears.
I then made my way to my heart. My poor, poor
hearts and stood face to face with her. Her semblance
surprised me; shocked me.
I reached out to hold her but she jumped away from my grasp. I have never seen her this way before. So sad, so bruised, so tired and bleeding. I sat down in front of her and told her how much I love her, how much I need her, how important she was to me.
She shook her head and said in a quite voice " I don't believe you. I have been so faithful to you. When you hurt I am the one that absorbs the pain. When you are tired and need rest, I keep vigil so you won't perish, so you won't have to. I live my life so that you can because it is the very rhythm of my life that keeps you going and still you cause me harm. I am your guardian. Why can you be mine?"
I sat there astonished. Enlightened and mesmerized by the words she spoke. Every word, each sentence were like daggers to my very soul.
"All I need" she continued with tears of pain making a path down her weary and worn cheeks, "all I want is for you to love me."
It was then that I held her. It was then that I was able to wash her, to cleanse her wounds and mend her back together again.
It wasn't easy but it was no impossible.
Now as I smile I know she does as well. She is my best friend and I will protect her from all harm.
She belongs only to me.


Have you spoken to your heart lately?

1 comment:

  1. Hey sweetie,

    Just wanted to show you some love. I have never saw thing this way. Why are you not published yet? Keep it going strong!

    oxox,
    Mike

    ReplyDelete